This course builds upon the foundations of the HNC course and the students are trained for entering the world of professional photography. Course topics include Photojournalism, Documentary Photography, Fashion and Advertising.
The HND year culminates in the production of a professional portfolio showcasing the individual student’s preferred specialism within photography. This can then be used to progress onto degree and honours degree study, starting a business or seeking employment within the Creative Industries.
HND Photography students have the opportunity to present their work at the end of year Exhibition which forms part of this Creative Showcase. The exhibition is planned, designed, promoted and executed as a class group giving them valuable experience for professional life after they leave education.
- 3rd Year Entry to BA Photography at several Scottish Colleges
- Entry to BA(Hons) Photography at Napier University
- Start own business
- Photographic Assistant
- Digital Editing and Post-Production Assistant
- Landscape photography field trip to various locations around Scotland
- Street photography field trips
- Location Fashion workshops
- British Institute of Professional Photography (BIPP) Scotland Annual Student Awards
- Annual Photography Exhibition
- Going into business seminar
- “Real World” experience photographing internal and external events
For more information or to apply for any of our courses please visit the New College Lanarkshire Photography Courses page.